Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When much has happened and it all flows out in one long paragraph. (Don’t worry I punctuate well)

The only thing I’ve ever liked about falling very ill is that day, usually the 3rd or the 4th when the antibiotics have fully kicked in and your fever’s been away for a whole night and you wake up feeling like the world is suddenly awash with a warm glow. And you feel like putting on face pack and face scrub and lots of make up and trying on those clothes that didn’t fit you four days ago, because you seem certain you’re all skinny and kareena kapoorish now. And you’re walking more briskly and you make yourself a cup of tea and there’s no milk so you decide to take a mini walk and get some and then halfway down the road, the low glucose levels start showing up mid road and suddenly you feel like you HAVE to lie down and you compose yourself and walk back home and decide to order for milk instead. No you’re still not as sprightly as you thought. Those antibiotics are fucking delusionary sometimes you think and lie down feeling the blood rush back to your head and slowly wash over the liquid yellow murkiness in your eyes. Then lying down you call your boss and you’re sounding all weak and stuffed and he’s like ‘Ohhh you don’t sound good’ and you get another day off. Praise the lord. Long sleep later you realize its only 2 days to your company offsite extravaganza which happens to be in the island resort of Langkawi and make mental note to get better by daybreak the next day. Next day wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles you are very much better. But since you have the day off anyway, might as well do some shopping for beach island getaway. Very exciting blue dress and sun tan etc are bought. Lots of bikinis are carried and then seeing mail of final list of colleagues and basic itinerary that includes 2 conferences and 5 Indian restaurants and realizing that all colleagues are old farty sleazy types or strictly gay (yes that is the choice presented in my environs sob), leave behind all bikinis and take grandma type long shorts and sports bra. Next day at office there is a flurry of excitement. Realize phone will be off for 5 days as do not have international roaming facility and couldn’t care less about activating it either. So much tension about pending work happens and many furious mails are sent back and forth that lead constructively to absolutely nothing. Anyway cut to Langkawi which is fucking gorgeous. Our hotel was mindfucking beautiful. The Andaman it was called. Full sleeping to the sound of crashing waves happened. As did much sea swimming, though major cuts on soles on feet because of bastard coral reef wasn’t fun. Then much swimming pool throwball also happened, where my team won, which is good because if we’d lost I’d have condemned the whole trip. I’m a sore sore loser. Also realized that not all male colleagues are old farty or boring gay. Infact noticed some rather cute straight ones and very fun gay ones. Which makes questions posed to me by many non work friends like “So… did anything haapeen??” even more frustrating. Now don’t have constructive “Errr..they’re all gay” answer to give anymore. But friends in general need to kindly sod off and stop asking pressurizing questions. I’m romancing my solitude now. That’s what I am. The Romance of Solitude. I’ll make a movie with that title very soon. Every woman who has dug deep and come out with nothing and now just couldn’t care less will want to watch this movie and love it. And since that covers most of the female population I’m going to come into a lot of money. So be nice to me.
In other news I am in love. My sister had a baby boy two days ago and I never thought I could fall so implicitly in love with a photograph but I have. But it’s not so much the idea of the baby I realized or that he’s gorgeous as hell but the sudden realisation that I can now divide my love for my sister with another being. That I can still continue to unconditionally love her through her son. Share it between them like the two halves that she and I are.

And till I come up with a more challenging quiz, ill leave you with jest one koschin to answer till next time>>>>

• Its an industry joke that this A list actress is dating this to be A list star because she’s still hung over from riotous affair she had with his look alike on the sets of major motion picture blockbuster of one year ago.

(easy peasy :p)

9 comments:

El said...

Langkawi? How very fancy shmancy.

Your question isn't easy! thinking, thinking..Lara Dutta and Dino Moreo/Kelly Dorjee? No? Probably not, doesn't even fit..

:all rankled up now, do spill:

indianrosefashionista said...

Hehe Miss Piggy Chops, Harman and Hrithik ;)

mistercrowley said...

Er, congrats on aunthood etc...

There was this kutti menshun of punctuation somewhere ;)

La vida Loca said...

congrats auntie cooo wait chitti coo,no?

Coo said...

and the award goes to : Indianrose fashionista!!!! congrats!!

@el - yes quite fancy no? i have new found love for my company.

@crowley - ya slight oversight happened off. saary.

@la vida loca- yes now all friends call me and say "chitttiiii" like that Radhika serial on Sun TV

Inayat said...

yes, yes! I was thinking about this randomly and I totally figured it was Pig - H and H.

So technically, I get award too..yes? please? :D

Sav said...

Dear Coo,

Please oh please, thoda toh paragraphing karey. My eyes are all wonky trying to read the first para/book.

Langkawi is so wonderful. I remember going there when 17 and falling in love with a 26 year old married aussie chick. Ah those were the days...

La vida Loca said...

there is a little something for u in my blog..go get it :)

Pinochyo said...

Please note: Compulsory Class Participation:-P