Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hair and there

When people start texting you to say that you’re not blogging enough, you know it’s been a really long time. But alas, I don’t have anything interesting to say. So if your expecting sex talk, bimbo talk (a title that has recently been bestowed upon me), political talk, relationship talk, lack of relationship talk, bollywood talk or religious talk… well, Tata to you because I can’t. I simply can’t.
Mostly because my mind is numb. Worked, spent and numbed. So here we are. It’s the long weekend (but I’m working tomorrow, so much for that) and I can’t believe I have spent the whole day doing sweet fuckall. Infact the only thought I have had all day was whether I should cut my hair. Infact I’ll throw it open to the public, because I don’t have the energy to make this decision alone.

But let me present the case:

So I’m 5 ‘4 1/2. My hair is a little longer than waist long. Its really really thick black black as the night, straight hair. Hmm. These sound positive in words, so let’s call them the pros.

On the flip side. It’s so long that even when I’ve tonged it and serum’ed it, it annoys me immensely about half an hour into letting it be loose and its up in a big bun again, in which I look like an aunty, so what’s the point. Also I’ve had it this long for as long as I can remember and I’m shit bored of it. Physically, because it’s so thick, it’s really heavy and gives me the occasional headache. Then sexually, whilst it definitely attracts the men, it’s actually quite the hindrance during sex itself. You can’t put it up in a bun because no one wants to have sex with anyone in a bun and when it’s loose every kiss always has an element of hair in it. Yes, quite the annoyance as you can see.

But then, as a closing statement ladies and gentlemen, let’s get back to my pheelings. Because pheelings are important in such decisions. See, my hairs been my thing. You know, like a best feature sort of thingy. It’s also what people who don’t remember my name would discuss me by, like my 11th standard anglo Indian accounts tuition teacher “that long haired girl has failed again men”. See the uses!

Also please keep in mind that I hate hate mid length hair. I hate the very mediocrity of it. So it’s either posh spice blunt or let it be this long till I die.

So what to do men? Say me.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha..
once when I was 27 and has waist length hair, and the exact same complaints as you, the exact same conundrums as you
In a fit of rage I cut it off chin length - but you have no idea how much I missed it
It was more convenient yes, but oh lord, I was so proud of my long long hair that I utterly missed it. I looked at myself I looked good, but I'd rather have beautiful long hair tied into a bun than short hair that looks good.
Aesthetically, thick hair like ours, is not meant for bobs/ short lengths anyway. You gotta keep up with the grooming/ cutting. In a week it's time to cut again. it doesnt stay down in place.
Now it's long again - though not as thick as the first time around. I wish I hadnt cut it but hey what you gonna do.

Take it from someone who'se been there done that - you speak with such pride of your hair, you will miss it when it's gone.. and then it's irreversible.. now at least you can contemplate and then pretend you'll cut it off anytime it becomes too much of a bother ;)

thendral said...

Chop chop, but time it right. I had bum length nice and thick, and one day after many years of consideration, I went and cropped it close. Your hair, (or lack of it), will still be your thing.

Perakath said...

Oh, the problems. I have so little hair on my head and you have too much. Have you considered pony/pig tails instead of buns? Or of course you could oil it and plait it till your bum, with a parting down the centre of your head, and pretend you're a Tamil college girl holding your books in front of your chest.

La vida Loca said...

layers? niice jade? w/ yenne and all?
lol

mistercrowley said...

'Bimbo talk'? Whatever's that, I say? Does it consist largely of 'totally'?

Coo said...

Hmmm so yes ive sort of decided to not go all chop chop at the moment. life is already pretty shaky so im thinking this one constant for a little longer will help me feel normal for a bit. As for other suggestions.. layers ive tried many many times, and long plait with yenne was staple during school when mummy was around! so no more of that pliss.

Anonymous said...

Oh thank god for you coo. You're the only one that has managed to get a smile out of me men. I should have read your blog first thing in the morning. Oh, about the hairs...Recently went and got layers in front for the first time in two+ decades. Layers, not bangs. Did nothing for me except for the first 5 mins after getting it all pretty at the parlour...got tired of it and now want my long even hair back.

Anonymous said...

woman...psycho you are really...

Sharanya said...

dont cut it...long hair is sexy. i have shoulder length hair, and i know what ur talking abt when u say an element of hair in a kiss!!
try a ponytail.

gee whiz said...

please dont cut your hair you crack, ill kill you bugger.

Anonymous said...

I had hair which sat below the waist. I got them chopped and they became shoulder length. I felt great regret when I saw wisps of hair falling on the floor. But since that day, I have never missed them.

There is abundance of style for shorter hair.

Shorter hair can always be bunched up in one hand when they get in way :)

Peru said...

Leave it be! Tie a French plait the next time you wanna French things up, yes?

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

French Braid for thick, long hair can become a cumbersome task. Also, if hair is thick enough to give one an occasional headache, think how thick it will sit on the back of skull. Too much 3D!

mem said...

hey you must must chop hair off ......or else ull never ever know...and it grows back... been reading your blog awhile now i like posts very much

Coo said...

ay what now im confused

mem said...

chop chop...whats the worst that can happen? ull hate it...but itll grow back... but if you pheeelings abt hair are really strong - then dont (but it grows back - so what feelings). btw im stuck with a terrible hair cut... i had longish very thickish hair now i have short very thickish hair it looks like crap and its growing back very very slowly...but i went to stupi parlour and stupid uncool lady cut my hair

Anonymous said...

see, you don't like mid-length, so forget mid-length cut. You either want same long hair or very short. I'm telling you now only, you will miss miss miss your long beautiful hair if you cut it short short, esp because of your pheelings about it and memories of ppl remembering you by your beautiful hair. If someone sees you with a short cut and says oh no your beautiful hair, where did it go, it will only add to the loss of your beautiful hair. I say, if you have more good hair days than bad, with your long hair, just keep it men. Why chumma mess with your natural beauty now?