Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Birthday Month and other things

Since it’s been mentally long since I last posted, I decided I would put something up here, no matter how inane. Ok? Ok.

I saw ‘Orphan’ last night and got scared for the first time ever I think. Mostly because I saw it alone in the living room with the lights off and at 3 in the morning. I thought nothing but my bank balance can scare me, apparently I was wrong.

Anyway getting back to scary shit, my new workplace, (yes, new workplace), can be very scary. Which is odd because it holds the most number of Bhagwan ki moorti’s ever possible on a single plot of land. Especially the seventh floor. It has 3 conference rooms and a pantry. Not that that layout is supposed to be scary, but imagine large badly molded female dancing idols with coloured floor lighting at every corner, like some Ramsey set on steroids, while the rest of the corridor is in pitch black darkenessesss….infact yesterday we were in a meeting pretty late at night and my boss stepped out of conference room 2 and called me out with her. I thought she wanted to discuss some major behind the clients back chit chat and instead she wanted me to walk with her to the loo because she was scared of walking alone it seems.

And then in other news, the Baifrand and I finished this major house hunting in Bandra business. Not that we are moving in together as our parents will have their own private aneurisms if that happens. But for someone who is moving out of parental abode for the first time ever, it’s been fun to see him sweat, fret and palpitate his way through brokers and bandra bylanes. We finally found something that reminded him of his beloved North India, replete with Balcony and large open spaces. I was quite baffled to see such a large house in Bombay myself. But it’s been tedious to get the place together. Plumbing, electricity and Bai issue’s are all we deal with on the weekends (since we both work 6 day weeks, poor us).

Also last week, we both officially changed relationship statuses on FB. Now, I didn’t think this was such a big deal and actually I find the whole disclosing who you’re dating on FB business pretty lame. But then you can’t reject invite sent so lovingly no? So accept I did, only to be bombarded by ‘OMG’s’ and ‘when did this happens’ and ‘I’m soooo happy for yous’ and ‘when are the kids coming alongs’. The boy on the other hand had cleverly done some ‘do not publish this info on people’s feeds’ type scheme and he got away scot free.

And now, I’m going to make everyone jealous by telling them that I’ve been chosen to go on some major 5 star/Business Class type trip to Thailand, sponsored by the Ministry of Thailand to scout locations to shoot in untouched locales all over Thailand. Ill be in Bangkok, Krabi, Trang, Chiang Mei and Pai from the 14th to the 20th of this month. Anybody from there read this? No? I thought so.

Also I will be blogging from Thailand EVERYDAY (since I don’t know anyone on this trip...sniff). Also I will be spending my birthday ALONE in Bangkok. So please wish me, I will check this space regularly for the same. Best Regards.

Oh the birthday is on the 15th of Decembre!

12 comments:

fishbowl said...

:) The trip should be lovely!
And congratulations:)

Poo Ya Parvati said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La vida Loca said...

sounds like fun...baifriend and all! Although at one point it seemed like you would be moving North...

Coo said...

@fishbowl - thanks!

@prajakta = yay! pliss mail me on gimungous@yahoo.com. Im in Bkk all day on the 14th and then the 20th

@ LVV - erm yes, I was supposed to be moving north, but couldnt find work and honestly Bombay is more fun!(though the boy may not agree hmph)

Poo Ya Parvati said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shreyasi Ghosh said...

Happy Birthday in advance( since I will be leaving for a trip tomorrow) :)).

I chanced upon your blog and really liked it! Have lots of fun tomorrow!

alwayshappykya said...

Oye..Eppy Budday!!!

I checked for updates on this space today..and it's exactly on your B'day :D

If all has gone well then you are alone in the far away land and all that..but make some frens or catch some unsuspecting soul..have a party! ;)

Wish you all the good and happy things.

Take care and stay safe.

La vida Loca said...

Happy b'day woman!

Izone said...

Have been a lurker for long…but had to comment on this post...Happy Birthday!!!I chumma love ur writing...

Emma Blowgun said...

make sure you go to long table (soi 23 or 24 i think). they do the best asian inspired cocktails. i am in BKK visiting my parents but arrive right after you leave, otherwise would've made internet friends with you and shown you around. i know your life partner from delhi.

Poo Ya Parvati said...

Hi Coo, Happy B'day!!!! hope u had a grtt day! Prajakta

Nimbupaani said...

Sawatdeekhaa!! (Er..that's hello in Thai)

Ooooo Happy Birthday!!!

And thailand is absolutely brilliant! Love the place to pieces. Hope you have a lovely birthday there, even if it's spent alone.

Sadly I don't live there anymore, but I do have friends I could put you in touch with! :-)